Micropigmentation is a technique that is becoming more and more demanded due to its effectiveness to camouflage scars derived from oncological treatments, in addition to being one of the most popular techniques for aesthetic treatments.
Within its different applications, micropigmentation is especially suitable for the eyebrows, eyes, lips and areolas or scars. Aftercare following a treatment of micropigmentation is essential to obtain the best results in any of these cases.
What to do after a micropigmentation treatment
The worst enemy of micropigmentation, regardless of the area where it is applied, is water. It must be taken into account that the pigments remain in a liquid state in the skin until phagocytosis occurs.
It is a natural reaction that is initiated when the body identifies the ink as a foreign substance and proceeds to encapsulate its molecules, retaining them within the dermis. However, if there is water in that area, it is more probable that we will lose liquid and, therefore, the micropigmentation will also lose definition.
On the other hand, in the post-treatment process of micropigmentation, a miniscule scar appears in the form of a mini-crust. The skin must be completely dry, for at least 48 hours, so that this pustule does not fall off before it has finished healing.
What cares do I have to follow after a micropigmentation treatment?
For at least one week or until the scab disappears, the following precautions should be taken:
- Hydrate the area with the healing cream recommended by our technician. A dry scar is more likely to break and flake off prematurely.
- Avoid excessive sweating: It is recommended not to do physical activity and not to stay in places such as saunas, swimming pools or beaches where high temperatures cause excessive sweating.
- Keep the area clean.
- Do not apply make-up, cleansing tonics or creams for a week or 10 days.
- Take care of yourself with a balanced diet, rich in nutrients to help healing, such as fruit and vegetables.
- Take care not to scratch or scrub the area with your hands or when dressing and undressing, as rubbing against clothing can pull the scabs off.
What care should I take into consideration after lip micropigmentation?
When micropigmentation is practised on the lips, we must be extremely careful with water and excess perspiration and liquids, as it is a very sensitive and exposed area. In addition, to avoid irritation or stinging, we must pay special attention to the following:
- Do not overuse salt and spicy food.
- Avoid scratching, scrubbing and removing scabs. In case of itching, apply the healing cream.
- Take acyclovir for 3-4 days after the treatment. It is an antiviral that protects you against the appearance or recurrence of herpes.
What care should I take into consideration after eyebrows micropigmentation?
Micropigmentation of eyebrows and eyes requires a very precise care in terms of humidity.
And despite the fact that during the first week the colour saturation increases due to the formation of micro-crusts, sometimes the colour can be completely lost. For that reason, our primary recommendation is to keep the eyebrows dry and clean in order to minimise this possible loss of colour.
What care should I take into consideration after areolas micropigmentation?
Remember that the total repair of the skin in the case of micropigmentation usually takes between 21 and 40 days in case of mature skin. And in the case of micropigmentation of areolas and scars it is more difficult to generalise a recovery time horizon, since the majority of them are recovering from a delicate oncological or post-surgical treatment.
The most important thing is to avoid drinking too much water and not doing sport for at least a week, and to apply the healing cream several times a day to help moisturise and facilitate the recovery process.
At Omicroart we apply a transparent dressing, which you should keep on for the first 2-3 days. After this time you should apply a small amount of the healing cream as often as necessary. You should not feel the area dry.
We are aware that in order to achieve high definition results and for them to last over time, it is essential to follow strict post-treatment care.
That is why we take into account the conditions and characteristics of each patient’s skin, and therefore personalise the treatment according to the type of skin. We are very careful and our main objective is to achieve the maximum natural results.
Request your appointment without any commitment.